GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING
Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Masters and Doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistant ships in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science, is open to those who qualify in GATE.
Validity of GATE 2019 score will be for a period of 3 (THREE) YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results. For all the papers, GATE 2019 examination will be conducted in only ONLINE mode. For some of the papers the examination will be conducted in multiple sessions. For details, please visit GATE 2019 website.
Important Dates for GATE
|GATE Online Application Processing System(GOAPS) Website Opens||Tuesday||3th September 2019|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Thursday||24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Thursday||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional free will be applicable)||Friday||15th November 2020|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Online Examination Forenoon : 9.30 AM to 12.30 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon : 2.30 PM to 5.30
|Saturday and Sunday||February, 1st, 2th, 8th and 9st February 2020|
|Commencement of Application Process||3th September 2019|
|Last date to fill the Application form||24th September 2019|
|Extended date for submitting online application form||1st October, 2019|
|Last date to request the change of exam city||15th November, 2019|
|Admit card download||3rd January, 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam dates||February 1, February 2, February 8, February 9, 2020|
Dates of Examination
Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathemat-ics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed sec-tion A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Pattern of GATE
|Candidate Category||Mode||Application Fee in Rs.|
|Women candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|All other candidates||Online Net Banking||1500|
The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
Application Time Lines
Starting Date: 3th September 2019
Ending Date : 24th September 2019
How to Apply
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on many mobile phones).
Get information by accessing any IISc / IIT websites, links as given below.