GATE 2019 Syllabus
GATE 2019 comprises 23 different subjects/papers in the field of engineering, architecture, and technology. Each syllabus for each subject is different. The conducting authority will release the official syllabus for each subject in PDF format. The papers and details of syllabus are:
- General Aptitude (GA):Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE):Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG):Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR):Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT):Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH):Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY):Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC):Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE):Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY):Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG):Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA):Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME):Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN):Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT):Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE):Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH):Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI):Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF):Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
GATE Preparation Tips
To score well, here are some tips for candidates in the run-up to the GATE 2019 examinations.
⦁ Practice on past year question paper and sample papers.
⦁ Pick suitable study material (reference books, notes) as part of your GATE exam preparations.
⦁ Have an in-depth understanding of all the basic concepts, exam format, and syllabus for your subject of choice.
⦁ Organize your time well using a proper study schedule and use it to cover all your bases.
⦁ Stay healthy and focused.
⦁ Online mock tests are extremely useful to practice on.
⦁ Topic revision is vital for refreshing your memory.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
Here we will explain details regarding the GATE 2019 admit card.
⦁ Examination candidates can get the admit card online by inputting enrolment ID/email address and password.
⦁ There is no possibility to get admit cards for the exams via post or email.
⦁ GATE Hall Ticket 2019 can be downloaded by the first week of January 2019.
⦁ Prior to your GATE 2019 exams, a biometric confirmation will be taken randomly, by fingerprint and photograph.
⦁ You must bring the original copy of your ID as specified in the application, along with the admit card on the day of the exams.
⦁ Admit card must be downloaded in color print.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
All answer keys will be published after the GATE 2019 examinations, usually in a few days. Each subject will have a different answer key release date. Candidates can check it online on the website.
Any objection to answer keys can be submitted within a given time period against a payment.
GATE Result 2019
This section is to enlighten candidates on GATE 2019 results.
⦁ All results will only be announced online through the website.
⦁ Candidates can check their GATE 2019 result by the 3rd week of March 2019.
⦁ Enter your enrolment number/registration number and date of birth to access your results.
⦁ Results will NOT be sent offline or by mail to any candidates.
GATE 2019 Score Card
After the release of official GATE 2019 results, the scorecard will be available but only for qualified candidates.
⦁ The GATE 2019 scorecard is valid for three years after the official results announcement.
⦁ Qualified candidates can download the scorecard by the 4th week of March 2019.
⦁ Soft copy of the score card after the last date will be charged RS. 500 up until the last week of December 2019.
GATE 2019 Cut Off
The cut-off marks are the minimum marks candidates need to obtain from the GATE 2019 exams for the required admission into all PG and other courses. Cut off marks will only be released after the official result announcement for GATE admissions, published online according to papers and subjects.
- It is the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in the examination to get admission into various PG & other courses.
- Cut off will be published through online method according to the categories & papers.
- Below, previous year qualifying cut off marks are shared:
|Chemical Engineering (CH)
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)
|Civil Engineering (CE)
|Electrical Engineering (EE)
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
GATE Counseling 2019
⦁ All candidates must apply separately for each IIT.
⦁ There will be no centralized counseling services by the relevant authorities for PG courses admission.
⦁ For admission to all NITs as well as centrally funded institutions, a CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan admissions) will be conducted for eligible candidates.
⦁ Candidates with valid GATE scorecard from 2017, 2018 and 2019 can apply for counseling.
⦁ GATE 2019 Counseling sessions will begin online in April 2019.
⦁ During counseling registration, candidates must fill in their preferred choice of colleges and courses.
⦁ Seat allotment will be subject to rank, filled choices, category and availability of seats, as well as other extenuating criteria.