Master of Engineering (ME) or Master of Technology (M.Tech) are the post graduation options available after GATE. Duration of these specialization programs is generally 2 years. After the completion of 4-year graduation program in engineering a student is being awarded with a degree of Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology or a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree after which a student enters M.Engg./ M.Tech/ M.Sc.Eng./ MSc.Tech programs. If a student has a good understanding of technical subjects and he wishes to enhance his skills in the field of Engineering or technology, it is advisable that should pursue an M.Tech course from a recognized institute of the country
Soon after the GATE results the admission process will start for ME, MTech., Ph.D. The admission procedure for the post graduate programs of every college is different. They may take direct admission or take personal interview, group discussion or sometimes their own separate entrance exam. As per the directives of the MHRD, the following procedure is to be followed for admission to postgraduate programs (Master and Doctoral) with MHRD scholarship/assistantship. Admission will depend upon the candidate’s GATE score. 70 % weightage is given on the performance in GATE and 30 % can be given to the candidate’s academic records or performance in interview. Candidates who opted for a general paper like XE or XL may have to face further interview or written test by the institution. In this case the weightage of 70% should be satisfied.
The students of Integrated Master Degree and Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology are eligible to appear in GATE in order to qualify for the postgraduate scholarships in their own institutions only. They are not eligible for admission to a fresh M.E. / M. Tech. program.
Benefits of M.tech
- Though technical skills matters a lot but candidates with higher academic qualification will be given more preference as educational qualification plays an important role as far as success of a person is concerned.
- While pursuing a higher degree, you will be exposed to the applications of engineering in day-to-day life a little more. You will be getting more insight into the subjects as you are already familiar with these topics learnt at the bachelor level.
- M-Tech will help to get a far more well paid job which is hard to get on the basis of your B-Tech degree because both private and government companies considers higher degree holders more competent.
- M-Tech guarantees detailed knowledge and complete information in that particular field.
- Individuals possessing higher degrees are highly valued and respected in every industry.
- This course increases the mettle of the person and hence makes him more eligible for a job.
- The Masters degree also ensures a personality with much maturity and solid knowledge in specific area of study.
- A person with MTech degree can go for PhD for more research which is being offered after the completion of masters.
- After MTech we can expect higher paid jobs as a professor in colleges and universities.
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- VLSI Design Tool Technology
- Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Micro Electronics
- Microwave Engineering
- Communication Engg.
- Telecommunication Technology & Management
- Optoelectronics & Optical Communication
- Digital Signal Processing
- Control & Automation
- Power Electronics
- Machines & Drives
- Power Systems
- Control & Automation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Instrumentation Technology
- Design of Mechanical Equipment or Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science & management
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Rock Engineering & Underground Structure
Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
- Computer Systems and Hardware
- Database and Information Systems
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computing
Here in the below list we have listed all top engineering & Technological college/ universities of India for M.tech/ M.tech + Ph.D programme which accept GATE score
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)|
|IIT Kanpur||Utter Pradesh||http://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|IIT Kharagpur||West Bengal||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in//|
|IIT Madras||Tamil Nadu||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|IIT Indore||Madhya Pradesh||http://www.iiti.ac.in/|
|IIT Mandi||Himachal Pradesh||http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/|
|IIT Varanasi (BHU)||Utter Pradesh||http://iitbhu.ac.in/|
|IIT Tirupati||Andhra Pradesh||http://iittp.ac.in/|
|National Institute of Technology(NITs)|
|NIT Durgapur||West Bengal||nitdgp.ac.in|
|NIT Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||manit.ac.in|
|NIT Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||mnnit.ac.in|
|NIT Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir||www.nitsri.net|
|NIT Trichy||Tamil Nadu||nitt.edu|
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh||www.nitap.in|
|NIT Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||nith.ac.in|
|NIT Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh||nitandhra.ac.in|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITs)|
|Dubai||United Arab Emirates||http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/dubai/|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)|
|IIIT Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||http://www.iiita.ac.in/|
|IIIT Gwalior||Madhya Pradesh||http://www.iiitm.ac.in/|
|IIIT Jabalpur||Madhya Pradesh||http://www.iiitdmj.ac.in/|
|IIIT Kancheepuram||Tamil Nadu||http://www.iiitdm.ac.in/|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)|
|Amity School of Engineering||Delhi||http://amity.edu/aset/|
|Bengal Engineering & Science University||West Bengal||http://www.becs.ac.in/|
|College of Engineering, Anna University||Tamil Nadu||https://www.annauniv.edu/|
|College of Engineering, Andhra University||Andhra Pradesh||http://www.andhrauniversity.edu.in|
|College of Engineering, Osmania University||Telangana||http://www.uceou.edu/|
|College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Kerala||http://www.cet.ac.in/|
|College of Engineering, Delhi||Delhi||http://dtu.ac.in/|
|Dhirubhai Ambani IICT||Gujarat||http://www.daiict.ac.in|
|College of Engineering, Pune||Maharashtra||http://www.coep.org.in/|
|Jadavpur University||West Bengal||http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/|
|Manipal Institute of Technology||Karnataka||http://manipal.edu|
|College of Engineering (PEC), Punjab||Punjab||http://pec.ac.in|
|University Visweshwaraya College of Engineering||Karnataka||http://uvcebangalore.org/|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||Tamil Nadu||http://www.vit.ac.in/|
|SRM University||Tamil Nadu||http://www.srmuniv.ac.in|
|SC University Engineering College||Andhra Pradesh||http://www.svuce.org/|